Why Businesses Are Moving To LED Lighting?
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are a digital light source. LEDs started life as light indicators in electrical components manufactured by Hewlett Packard. The light is a result of electrons releasing energy in the form of photons better known as electroluminescence.
Today, its energy efficiency, low maintenance, strength, and long life make it a bright alternative to the energy-hungry and sensitive analog light sources we all grew up with. You can also navigate here https://ecoledmart.com/ to know more about LED lightning.
Today they are used in televisions, traffic lights, car lights, flashlights, and signs all over the world.
Why should you use LED lights?
• LEDs consume less energy: The first and most important reason to use LEDs is that they use up to 85% less energy than traditional lighting. Less energy is good for the environment, but also good for business. Less energy consumption means more money saved.
• LEDs last longer: The average life for an LED lamp is 10 years. Even so, they only need to be replaced when the light fades. Over a longer period of time, their light output gradually decreases. They can also last longer; depending on the application.
• LEDs are much safer – LEDs use a lower voltage (12-24) volts and have a lower risk of fire than incandescent and especially fluorescent lamps. LEDs emit no UV and very little heat, allowing them to be used in areas where too much heat is harmful.
• LEDs are easier to maintain: The LEDs can be left alone and only need a quick cleaning from time to time.
• LED is on: There are no threads or broken glass and they are strong even in humid conditions. They can even be used underwater.